Thursday, September 4, 2008

Frist day of Kindergarten





So Cade started school last week!! Monday we had orientation where Cade, Charlie, and I all went to. The kids got to go in the gym while the parents sat in their new classroom and went over things with his teacher. Then Cade and I got to come home and have a relaxing day together, Char had to go onto work. So Tuesday came, his first full day of Kindergarten, he was a little apprehensive about going. I on the other hand thought I would be fine, since he had been in preschool since he was 3. Boy was I wrong, as Im driving the whole 3 blocks to his school I almost bust into tears when we pulled in front of the school! Of course I had to hold it in, why would that make him feel anymore comfortable about going to "big kid" school? So I had to put my big girl panties on and walk him to school. We stood in the cafeteria where the kids go before the bell rings to go to class. His teacher walked by with a few other kids going to get in line, so Cade went with her, reluctant of course! So then I was off to work teary eyed and all! Fortunately, I left work early to pick Cade up on his first full day! He had a great day! Enjoy a few pics of Cade on his first day!


3 comments:

Corey Mason said...

wow Cade, you are getting so big dude!! I'm glad he enjoyed his first week of school! School, I'm so glad I'm done with it!! Glad you updated the blog! Miss you guys!
xoxo,
Shelley

Unknown said...

Hey Shelby:
It sounds like a very special day for Cade. I know he did very well. He is a big boy now!! Well, sorry you had to shed a few tears for him! We all go through that!! That's why I was constantly telling you guys to "remember who is with you"!! (Because it made me feel better, right?)

Enjoy the years and stay involved with him!!
love,
Dad

(PS: please change the fonts for us old farts!!)

Corey Mason said...

i bet that was hard. as i read i was thinking how Miles will be there before we know it.
miss you three.